Scottdale Early Learning is pleased to announce the appointment of Dee Carwell to its board of directors. Carswell brings several years of leadership and strength in advocacy, program development, and collaboration, and she is committed to deepening school, family and community relationships. Carswell is currently the board relations specialist and family enrollment counselor at Pearson Virtual Schools where she leads community engagement initiatives. She is also the founder and executive director of 100 Boys of Code, a 501(c)3 organization that is focused on exposing young boys from under-resourced communities to career and college preparatory opportunities in STEM.
The Scottdale Early Learning Board of Directors is pleased to welcome Carswell and looks forward to utilizing her skills, experience and expertise in the school’s next phase of growth.
The 2022 board of directors includes the following members:
- Amity Farrar, JD, POWER 10 (Chair)
- Cynthia Livingston, Truist (Immediate Past Chair)
- Ed Baines, Equifax
- Janelle P. Baranco, Mercedes Benz of Covington
- Viveka Bizzell-Palmer, POLITICARE
- Keith J. Blair, Ed.D., TSYS Merchant Solutions (retired)
- Jina Haynes, BlackRock
- Chris Keeney, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Monishae O’Neill, Charles R. Drew Charter School
- Joseph Pesca, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Daria Shelton
- Toyasha Vaughn, S.E.L.F. Do You Believe?